Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring festivities!

Hello everyone!
Lots of things have been happening around this Helmandollar household. We've been so busy...
Probably the most exciting news would be this :)

Katelyn is going to be a big sister! We are very excited! I am due November 2nd. My sister is also expecting and is due in September, so we are excited to experience all of this pregnancy stuff together.
So far, I've been pretty sick, but I'm getting better every day. Luckily I have an amazing husband who has picked up almost all of my slack. I'm also lucky that I have a very easy going baby who lets her mommy be sick. This picture pretty much sums up what we do around here lately.

Over spring break we had the opportunity to go to Island Park and stay in Mike's aunt and uncle's cabin. They still have quite a bit of snow, so even though it was our spring break, it was more like a winter getaway. It was nice and relaxing to sit and just enjoy! Aunt Kelsey made Katelyn very happy and took her outside to play in the snow. This is her all bundled up to go play. Kelsey even taught her how to make a snow angel, which she now will do randomly on the carpet.

Mike recently celebrated his 27th birthday! Happy Birthday babe! I can't believe that when we met, he was only 22. Lots has changed since then.


We are loving the nicer weather and have loved spending time outside. My parents recently bought a big swing set/slide contraption for their back yard. It is a total hit! She loves it! We have also spent some time barbequeing. We couldn't find my dad's grilling apron, so we were able to capture this wonderful photo of my dad wearing my MOM'S snowman apron. Awesome!

Katelyn enjoyed some fun Easter traditions this year, like dying Easter eggs and doing an egg hunt. It was fun having her participate this year!
We are looking forward to all the changes and exciting things that will happen over the next few months :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love your recap. Whatever happened with the job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update looks like fun! What was Mike's cake? Love your Dad in the apron too so cute :) Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete